Well played Alex Fray, the new club champion!
And well done to Javid Omoomian, Most Improved Player 2018.
There a several cup competitions yearly at the club
- Club championship plus major and minor plate
- B comp plus plate
- C comp plus plate
- PAR Handicap
PAR Handicap Cup
Handicap cup is based on Point A Rally (PAR) scoring, sometimes called American scoring.
This means a point is scored every rally regardless of who is serving.
Matches are best of 3 games. Each game is to 15 points.
Where player handicaps are both either + or – the lower ranked player needs to score 15 points to win.
The other player will need to score 15 + the difference in the handicap.
When one player is + and the other is – the target remains 15.
Example 1 : (both negative) Ali is on -20, Bob is on -8, the difference is 12 points in Bob’s favour.
- Bob needs to score 15 points to win a game while Ali needs to score 27.
- Best way to score this would be Ali starting on 0, Bob starting on 12, target is 27.
Example 2 : (both positive) Cam is on +2, Don in on +8, the difference is 6 points in Don’s favour.
- Don needs to score 15 points to win a game while Cam needs to score 21.
- best way to score this would be Cam starting on 0, Don starting on 6, target is 21.
Example 3 : (one negative and one positive or on 0) Eva is on – 5, Flo is on +4, the difference is 9 points in Flo’s favour.
- Flow needs to score 15 points while Eva needs to score 24.
- Best way to score this would be Eva starting on 0, Flo starts on 9, target is 24.