Semi Final night Friday 7th June’19
Final night Friday 21st June’19
Award Presentation night Saturday 6th July ’19
Please ensure all matches up to semi finals are played before Friday 24th May 2019
All the comps are viewable by clicking either of these
Click the tabs at the bottom to change between comps
There a several cup competitions yearly at the club
- Club championship plus major and minor plate
- B comp plus plate
- C comp plus plate
- Over 50’s
- PAR Handicap
All Cup games should be PAR13 best of 5, apart from the Handicap described below
PAR Handicap Cup
Handicap cup is based on Point A Rally (PAR) scoring, sometimes called American scoring.
This means a point is scored every rally regardless of who is serving.
Handicap Matches are best of 3 games. Each game is to 15 points.
Where player handicaps are both either + or – the lower ranked player needs to score 15 points to win.
The other player will need to score 15 + the difference in the handicap.
When one player is + and the other is – the target remains 15.
Example 1 : (both negative) Ali is on -20, Bob is on -8, the difference is 12 points in Bob’s favour.
- Bob needs to score 15 points to win a game while Ali needs to score 27.
- Best way to score this would be Ali starting on 0, Bob starting on 12, target is 27.
Example 2 : (both positive) Cam is on +2, Don in on +8, the difference is 6 points in Don’s favour.
- Don needs to score 15 points to win a game while Cam needs to score 21.
- best way to score this would be Cam starting on 0, Don starting on 6, target is 21.
Example 3 : (one negative and one positive or on 0) Eva is on – 5, Flo is on +4, the difference is 9 points in Flo’s favour.
- Flow needs to score 15 points while Eva needs to score 24.
- Best way to score this would be Eva starting on 0, Flo starts on 9, target is 24.